Monday, April 5, 2010

New Things in the Works

Well, somebody's finally done it!  I found the book "Jewelry Making and Beading For Dummies" by Heather Dismore and Tammy Powley.  I don't know about you, but I'm such a dinosaur that when I first got a computer I had lots of "For Dummies" books because they were written so simply but had such detail that I could learn computer and many software programs much more easily than I could in a class room.


I haven't purchased this book yet, but you can see some sample pages at Amazon.com by clicking on the link above.  It looks like it covers every type of jewelry making available, plus descriptions and explanations of supplies. 


The weather has finally warmed up here on the high plains of Texas, but the wind is blowing at least 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.  Definitely spring in Texas.  I have a few dandelion blooms dotting the property, but I don't know if I'm going to have enough to make dande syrup this year or not.  The thyme and rosemary are ready for the first harvest, so I need to get busy in the yard.  Don't worry, I'm not abandoning beading.







I have two new patterns coming up soon.   Summer Rain Storm is shown above. I've been trying to make a pattern for the toggle ring I made but even though I have the number of beads on paper that I have in the ring, it isn't working, so I've got to sit down and make another one and draw it row by row as I work it. The other is bracelet and earrings called Swirling Eddy.  I have the bracelet finished, but I have to wait for the sun to get in just the right spot to shine just the right light through my living room curtains to capture the iridescence and the contrasts in it with a camera.  I'm working on the second earring.  Hopefully I'll have those patterns both ready by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share