Sunday, April 18, 2010

May Challenge May Flowers

I've finally finished my May Challenge for the About.com beadwork forum.

The theme was April Showers Bring May Flowers.  I love figuring out ways to bead flowers, so I started these little beauties with circular herringbone, then finished off the edges with netting.

Coraling or Russian fringe with aventurine "leaves" and amethyst "buds" form a backdrop for this tiny nosegay.  There's a beaded bail at the top so it can be worn as a pendant and the bail is also accented with aventurine and amethyst chips.

If you'd like to take the challenge you have until April 30th to get your entry in.  There's no prize, just getting your work put up in the gallery, but accepting challenges always sparks my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share