Saturday, April 10, 2010

Etsy Shop

I've let my Etsy shop go lately.  Remaining listings were allowed to expire. I went in yesterday and did a little revamping and rearranging.  Now I've got to get busy and take some suitable pictures of recent work in order to get them put into my shop.

Hopefully the clouds will stay away a few days.  I can get better pictures even in the house if the sun is shining.

Creating Lampwork Beads for JewelryI've been thinking about making my own beads.  I've considered polymer clay, lampwork, and art clay.  Karen Leonardo has a wonderful book "Creating Lampwork Beads for Jewelry".  It's full of very clear, detailed pictures showing how to set up your studio, your workbench and your torches, and includes a complete list of tools you need complete with pictures.

It covers from beginner to advanced bead making, and everything is spelled out and illustrated completely.  It all looks so very enticing, but then I think about working with a torch and know I've got to prepare my mind a little more before I step into a realm that much different from my present one.  Perhaps Polymer clay would be the best place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share