Thursday, April 1, 2010

Deluxe Jewelry Pliers Revue


When I first started beading, I wanted to do the beautiful wire wrapping I'd seen on several sites, so I bought some inexpensive wire and some inexpensive little pliers that I'd found for .99 at Harbor Freight.  I was so discouraged by the hand fatigue and the inability to make the wire do what I wanted it to that I gave up on any type of beadwork or jewelry making that didn't involve needle and thread.

Recently I've decided to try some of the newer ergonomic pliers and beadworking tools.  I've found that it's not just that I'm a natural born klutz.  Tools do make a big difference in the results of your work.

Beadsmith Deluxe Jewelry Pliers Ergonomic Tool Kit 9 Piece w/ Case
Beadsmith makes a deluxe set of ergonomic tools for jewelry making. The set includes 9 pieces:
1 Pair of Chain Nose Pliers
1 Pair of Round Nose Pliers
1 Pair of Side Cutters
1 Nylon Jaw Flat Nose Plier (these are great.  They leave no marks on your wire.)
1 Crimping Plier
1 Fine Point Knot Cutter for silk and other fabric.
1 Pair of Knotting Tweezers
1 Split Ring Tweezer
1 ScoopEEZ handy scoop for scooping up beads and pouring them into a container

All these goodies come in a black faux leather zipper case so you can keep them all organized and at your fingertips.

The handles on the pliers are smaller and more ergonomically shaped than ordinary pliers, and they are all padded making them much more comfortable to use for long periods of time.

I'm really impressed with the funcionality and comfort of these tools.  Try them.  I'll bet you'll like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share