Saturday, September 5, 2009

It was an earring kind of day

I think what caught my eye about this blog were the earwires. From the comments I'm not alone. What do you think?

via The Rabbit Muse by Round Rabbit on 9/4/09

I made approximately 5000 pairs of earwires today. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating but it sure felt like 5000. It was probably more like 50. But still, that's a lot, right?
I've been making more one-of-a-kind earrings lately and I'm having quite a bit of fun with them. Usually I work with the same designs and if they sell I make a million more just like them (yep, I'm in the exaggerating mood) but I need to mix things up a bit. Below is a little sample of what I've been up to. The little turquoise hoops are part of my regular line-up but the other three pairs are true one offs.

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of one-of-a-kinds. Are you more likely to purchase something if you know that there won't be another like it?



They will all be in the shop on Saturday. :)

Posted via email from containerherbgardening's posterous

1 comment:

  1. Ooh!! These are gorgeous and I love the unique handmade quality! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share