Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ramblin'

I'm just ramblin' today. I've started a beaded collar that I just do not know how to describe. It's kind of a Van Dyke in the front, but not exactly and kind of a Victorian lace around the neck, but wider. LOL I'm very good at doodlin' up a new design from old stitches, but not very good at describing them. I'll post a picture when I'm finished, but I've run out of the main color beads. Unfortunately the only local store that carries seed beads is Hobby Lobby, and they don't match what I have, so those must be ordered. GRRRRRRRRRRRRROAN.

I held the center part up to myself when I got it finished and what was staring back at me in the mirror was "Dragon Scales" so that will be the name of the collar. I may never see it quite that way again, but first impressions are good.

Rings&Things is having a Review a Product Contest. Check it out. You could win something fabulous!

I've written tutorials for working Cubic Raw and Waffle Stitch and posted them on eHow. Feel free to take a look. Unfortunately they're aren't quite as easily downloadable as a PDF file, but I hope they will be of some benefit to someone.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share