Monday, June 1, 2009

Authentic American Indian Beadwork

I received my "Authentic American Indian Beadwork and How to do it" book today. It was a used book and I only paid .89 plus shipping. Total came to less than the price of it would have cost new.

I have to admit I only wanted it to see what colors, designs, stitches etc. were used by various tribes, and I wasn't disappointed. There are tribes mentioned that I never heard of, but that's another research project.

I'm really pleased with this book. It shows methods for applique that I was not aware of and which will make a much neater back than the method I always used for applique. It also has bead charts for loom weaving which can be done in square stitch.


1 comment:

  1. This book sounds interesting! I have "Beading in the Native American Tradition" by David Dean and was amazed by the variety of stitches shown. Always good for new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share