Monday, March 2, 2015

My Muse Has Returned

It's been a long time since I posted here.  I was beginning to think my muse went AWOL permanently.  The past year hasn't been kind and I've taken it personally, but I'm trying to come back with renewed optimism.
This blog has been primarily bead work and crafting, but I think I'm going to expand it's content.  Good health is important to every aspect of life, so I'll be posting some natural health titles as well as crafting.
A few days ago Sandra Halpenny posted a picture on her facebook page of a necklace called So Many Cubes.  I was scrolling through and had to go back and take a good look.  The necklace was her pattern beaded by ME way back before I started designing and went by beadette2.  The cubes struck a chord with me and I went browsing through my cube beads.  I didn't find any 4mm (the most commonly used) that struck my fancy, but I found these 6mm Russian Jade ones. 

The picture is terrible.  There's no sun and my light box is set up to take pictures from the front (and one of the lamps is burned out), so I had to rely on over head lighting which cast reflections all over the beads.

I rummaged around and found some cream size 11's, some brown iridescent size 6's and some olivene bicones. I'm still just doodling with these, but I really like the bicone edging.  I only have 7 of those, so I ordered some more.  Now, while I wait for my order,  I have another doodle started with pearls.  It's still in the ???what is it stage so I haven't taken a picture of it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share