Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Bead Pattern Sneak Preview

My mind's been racing even though my fingers don't want to hold a needle, my eyes don't want to look at beads or the computer screen, and my behind doesn't want to sit for very long at a time. We've definitely got a cold front coming in and it is playing havoc with this old body.

When I finish with the Christmas ornaments (I've still got one and a half to do) I'm going to start on a tutorial for the Russian Lace heart necklace in the picture.

In the meantime, I've been busy trying to get in the Holiday spirit. I wanted to make pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I usually make a pecan pie, but nostalgia took over. I remember my Mother-in-Law's pumpkin bread and it was delicious. Back in the day, she used to bake them in 1 lb coffee cans. When they were cooled they went back in the cans and were sealed. Wonderful! A cooking and storing vessel all in one. I looked and looked and couldn't find the recipe I got from her, so I went online and found one I thought sounded about right. It turned out great. The house smells like pumpkin and spices. That helped lift my spirits.

Today I'm going to carefully crack open some walnuts, clean them out, put a hanger on the shells and glue them together for my granddaughter to paint when she gets home from school. Gotta pass on the handmade tradition ya know?

Don't forget to take a look at my ArtFire shop. I'm still adding beaded jewelry items and patterns, trying to get everything loaded by Cyber Monday. On Cyber Monday everything in my ArtFire shop will be marked 50% off. This will not apply to shipping.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! The thought of pumpkin bread is making me hungry right now! I love the idea of painting the walnut shells. They could be made into pendants or other decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painted walnut shells is VERY retro. We used to do this when I was a kid and use them for Christmas tree ornaments. All kinds of ideas in my head, like smoothing out the inside and using a half shell for a picture etc.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share