Sunday, May 30, 2010

Winding Road

The name of this bracelet seems to describe my life perfectly. I just keep going and going and going and seemingly making very little progress because of the bends, curves and switch backs.

With that said I must say that there's some progress here.  These beautiful crystal AB Swarovski rounds from ArtBeads.com are a perfect coupling with the satin druks. They create an alluring, sparkling, winding path thought the druks and end in a caged bead and bead loop closure.

This is a new stitch for me. . .triangle weave.  I finally got the general concept of it down after 3 years of trying, then decided to do my "what if" thing.  The bracelet turned out beautifully and now has a place in my Etsy Shop.  The pattern is proving to be somewhat more difficult. I keep getting lost on the illustrations, but I promise I will get it done and up for sale shortely.  The caged Bead in this application is also something new for me.  I like it better than just a bead and loop because the bead loop isn't too likely to slip over the caged bead and accidentally come undone .

I think I finally got over the spring fever and have gotten into cleaning mode.  I've been doing some work in the yard and trying to sort things out in the house.  I'm the world's worst pack rat.  I've lived in this same home for 19 years and accumulated all manner of things that I would have disposed of long ago if I'd moved.  It's time to find new homes for some of my "stuff". . .but not my beading stuff.  I'll probably horde that til I die.

2 comments:

  1. I tried triangle weave lately and getting used to the pattern was a pain. But I made it. Like your bracelet. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have trouble with the stitch. It is such a versatile stitch I look forward to creating more designs with it in the future.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share