Monday, May 10, 2010

Bead Stitch Tutorials

Are you new to beading, or to be more specific, peyote beading? Do the patterns confuse you? Peyote was the hardest stitch I ever learned. I would pick up instructions, pick out beads and sit down to try to bead and it just didn't make sense to me at all. I did this every few months for over a year before I got my Aaah Haaa Moment, it clicked and I've loved peyote ever since.

Jennifer VanBenschoten, the beadwork guide at About.com, has some awesome tutorials for various types of peyote. If you're confused about peyote, check out these tutorials.

How to Read Tubular Peyote Patterns.
How to Read Flat Even Count Peyote Stitch Graph

How to Read a Flat Odd Count Peyote Stitch Graph
How to Read a Peyote Stitch Word Chart

If you still have trouble with these stitches, join the beadwork forum at About.com and feel free to ask for help. The beaders there are very helpful and generous with their knowledge and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share