Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dragon Scales

I finished the "Dragon Scales" necklace I mentioned in my Ramblin'post on the 25th of June. It's not very photogenic. Even with filtered light in my photo studio the Swarovski bicones caught the light and cast a glare. I finally took it outside to get the pictures.

The Van Dyke is made from seed beads, Swarovski crystal biones, and black iridescent daggers. The daggers are only iridescent on one side so the necklace is reversible. The whole collar is done in progressive netting, allowing it to flare a little to settle gently from the neck to the shoulders. The beads in the collar are black seed beads and black, transparent rainbow seed beads.

I'm contemplating whether or not to make a pattern for this. It seems so simple, but I know some beaders don't venture outside of patterns. Any feed back will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share