Friday, February 5, 2010

Figure 8 Bracelet

I finished this beautiful figure 8 bracelet last week. Worked in red 6mm fire polished rounds and white pearls with silver rocailles it is perfect for the season. I've uploaded the pattern to Bead Patterns Boutique. It works up quickly in a single pass with two needle RAW.

I'm now working on a peyote cuff that I call chevron hearts. I had it on the bead tray when I picked up my 4 year old granddaughter from school. After being instructed to not touch the bead tray when I had a project on it,(she likes to put things under my magnifying light and look at them) she promptly picked up the part of the bracelet I'd worked. Yep! Tipical 4 year old right? I scolded her and she laid it back down but continued to look at it from different angles. Then she said "Look Nana, you have triangles!" So we picked out all the triangles and named the colors, then I pointed to a diamond shape and asked her what it was. She promptly replied "That's a rhombus". I nearly fell out of the chair. :) She's such a paradox.

The rain has let up here and the sun is shining but we're due another storm by Monday. This nasty weather is a great time to bead, so I'd better get busy.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share