Monday, August 24, 2009

Time to Recoup

I've been so busy lately attending to other writing duties that I've spent far too many hours at the computer to even call myself productive. Sometimes it's best to just stop and do something you consider non-productive.

Jean Campbell's blog is always a great inspiration to me. While it is mostly about beading she takes time to talk about daily life and share little tips like this one. "Summer, a Facebook friend, sent me this quote by John Lubbock--so fitting for a day like today!

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."
I know this, most of us do, but we get so caught up and driven by a project that we work until we're just "working" and really achieving nothing.

I'm trying to rearrange my office so that it is an office/beading studio combined. It will be much easier making patterns as I bead a part of a design, then draw it out on the computer, bead the next part etc.

I was really impressed with the amount of supplies and finished beadwork Lorelei has in a small space by the simple principle of elevate, elevate, elevate. I'm quite challenged when it come to organization and have gotten "half-way there" with my new arrangement several times, then decided another way would be more efficient. If I don't stop changing my mind and just get all my supplies in here, I'm not going to be able to find anything.

Hopefully I'll have something new to tell you shortly.



1 comment:

  1. I like that quote, thanks for sharing it. My studio could also use some tips. It's a very messy office, guestroom, and bead room right now, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share