Friday, May 15, 2009

St. Petersburg Chain

SQUEEEEEE. I finally had that A Ha moment! Yes I know it's very undignified to squeal like a school girl, but I just can't help it. In my last post I said I was having trouble with the St. Petersburg Chain stitch. I've been trying to wrap this poor old brain around it for months! I have free beadwork tutorials by Howling Rabbit, Maria Oldring, and Alexis (sorry, all the URLs I have for these no longer work) and I've gone back and forth from one to the other trying to make it work. It works for a while and I would get a little bit done, lay it down and when I came back I'd be just as lost as I was in the beginning. I'm so backward I just couldn't get the concept to stick.

Today I put it aside after one more frustrating attempt to grasp it and went on about other things. Out of nowhere a perfect picture video style flowed through my mind. I ran back to my bead mat, picked up the instructions, and sure enough, there it was on the instructions, in plain sight, but I just hadn't been able to get the sequence right.

Ok, not much to report. Just a word of encouragement to anyone out there who's been grappling with a stitch forever, don't give up. In will finally soak in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share