Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Chenille Stitch Progress

The new year is starting out fairly well for me in spite of the storms keeping me practically house bound. I've made some progress with the Chenille stitch tutorial.

In order for the stitch to make sense to me, there has to be a design in it.  That's just me. The stitch is beautiful just worked with two sizes of beads of the same color. 
I've made a few swatches in order to test bead sizes etc. Here are two.  for the one on the right, I used size 11 throughout. I thought to create a little texture, but I wasn't happy with it.  The one on the left I used size 11 and 15. I like it much better.

I was still having trouble remembering which turn to use on the left (there are 2) and seeing the logical placement of beads that is now very clear to me.

I'm still working on the tutorial. I have all the illustrations done and enlarged to meet Hub Pages standards (I think). Now I'm just trying to string words together in sentences that are comprehendible. 

I hope to find a filter to take pictures of this gleaming, glittery bracelet when I'm finished.

I'll let you know when I get the tutorial posted to Hub Pages.







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share