Monday, April 9, 2012

Super Duo Two Hole Beads

You may remember in November I wrote about the New Preciosa Twin Beads And later shared my Bracelet and Earring patterns.

Recently I saw some "Super Duo" two hole beads that looked like the twins and the only difference I could see was the colors and finishes seemed to be different, but then I read a review on them. One person said they were very uniform and even called them the "Delicas" of Twin beads, so I had to order some to see for myself. I'm planning to work up some patterns for Independence Day, so I ordered red, white and turquoise from Gail Devoid of Need For Beads. I got them today. The red ones are Super Duos and the green iris are Twins. Laying on the mat you can't tell much difference, but when I strung some of each color, you can definitely see how much more uniform the red ones are.

I'm really looking forward to designing with these Super Duos, but I have another project to finish first.

I have an 1897 (the year my father was born) Morgan silver dollar.  It has been closed up in a plastic case since my sister and brother in law gave it to him 35 or 40 years ago.  I got it out and put a bezel around it and spruced it up a bit.  Before I even got it finished I had a request for a pattern.  Here's a picture of the original, but it needs a little tweaking.  You can't see the irregularities, but I know they're there and need to smooth them out before I make a pattern, so it's back to the bead table/computer and work, work, work.  What was I thinking? I'm supposed to be getting ready to put up a booth at Pow Wow this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share