Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Czech TWIN Seed Bead Pattern

I have finally found a limited supply of the new Czech TWIN seed beads. Well the supply isn't so limited, but the color selection is. Sparkle Spot carries black and crystal, so I got some of each. I've just finished my first pattern with these beads.
Working with them takes a bit of getting used to. The holes are large so they'll accept multiple passes of thread easily, but they tend to flip around and show the "wrong" end until you get the pattern going. I've got designs spinning in my head, but when I try to figure a thread path, I'm finding you just "can't get there from here" in some situations. I'm loving the challenge! I don't know how many years I've said "If only there were small beads with two holes!"  Now there are and I'm having a blast.

The pattern is available at BeadPatternsBoutique and The Bead Coop.


3 comments:

  1. I love this! The possibilities are endless with these beads, aren't they?
    I love that you named it Vera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy. I've got several designs swirling in my head, but finding an acceptable thread path is proving more challenging than I thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jennie,
    if you are looking for more solid glass colors in transparent, coral, lime, torquise etc., please visit http://www.bohemian-glass-beads.com/vip/, thisnis another manufacturer of the two hole seed beads called Superduo. Ask for more details at info@all-beads.cz
    Take care, Hynek

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share