Thursday, December 3, 2009

Beads in a Gilded Cage Earrings

I've finished a new earring pattern "Beads in a Gilded Cage" and have uploaded it to BeadPatternsBoutique.com.
The Pendant isn't really twice as big as the earrings, It's just a close-up picture. In the pattern I've included instructions for all three cages plus instructions for attaching to ear wires and making a simple bail for a pendant. The cage is worked in a simple right angle weave technique and instructions are detailed.


On another note, I told you about the beads I'd gotten free from ArtBeads.com and had said I had plans for the rose quartz toggle. Well my plan didn't work. The ring is too small to accomodate the beads I needed to use to attach the toggle, so it's back to the drawing board. The toggle in the picture on the Artbeads site is clearly attached with just a stringing material. Since I'm not a stringer I don't have any such material on hand, but a toggle doesn't necessarily have to be a toggle that actually opens. You know what they say about more than one way to . . . Well I won't say any more just yet, but I do have another plan in mind.

Elementry School will be out for Christmas break on the 18th of this month. Depending on when my Daughter in law gets out of her classes I will either be having more time or less time to bead and blog over the break. If DIL doesn't start break as soon as grand daughter does, I'll have grand daughter all day instead of just an hour after school, so if my blog posts get even fewer and further between you'll know what happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share