Saturday, October 26, 2013

Authentic Pondo Progress

I've been working pretty steadily on the authentic pondo stitch bracelet I told you about in my last post. Whereas authentic pondo was usually attached to a cord of some type on the leading edge, I attached mine to a herringbone or ndebele rope. As I worked the last row I attached it to another identical rope. I'm finished now with the main body of the bracelet and the length of time it took me had nothing to do with the stitch. It works up much more quickly than the modified pondo that I've designed with before, but I can't sit still for very long at a time, so I find beading of any stitch goes slowly.

As I mentioned before I do love the semetry of the two size beads with the smaller beads nestled in the exact center of each row, but the stitch is tedious.

I took Susan Mandel's advise and worked the pondo part with a double thread and waxed it to help keep the beads in place. If you don't have trouble with tension, you could probably work this with a single thread, but I'd still advise waxing it or using thread heaven to keep the beads from slipping.

Now I just have to decide on a clasp and take some better pictures and finish the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share