Friday, July 15, 2011

Butterfly Fantasy

My beading muse has visited me briefly and deposited this cute design into my mind. It's been a while since I've created a sculptured peyote design and this one actually evolved from something much more abstract.

I worked this one with size 15 blue seed beads, size 8 pink lined crystal seed beads and three other colors of size 11 seed beads. I like the way the design works up with the size 15 background, but I have many customers who have a problem working with such small beads, so I decided to make one with size 11 Delicas as the background. The colors in the green one actually go better with my wardrobe.

I haven't decided what kind of clasp I'll put on the blue one yet.  I don't have anything on hand so it either has to be a beaded closure, or I'll have to buy an appropriate one.  The green one will be tapered on the ends with a magnetic clasp.

The pattern is available at
Bead Patterns Boutique
The Bead Coop
ArtFire

Well I haven't posted in a while and Blogger has made improvements to it's platform.  I have to learn how to use it all over again.  Perhaps my next blog will look a little more professional.

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share