Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bits 'n' Pieces

. . .of my What's Old is New Again challenge. As I mentioned I had some ideas that I started with.  I've been busy making components, taking them out, correcting the "oops that didn't look like I thought it would's".  Sometimes I wish I could get a clear picture in my head of what something would look like.  It would save time, but I'm a doodler and enjoy the journey as much as seeing the finished project.

Of course this isn't all I've been doing.  I have several things going at once, as usual. I can switch out and not go on auto pilot and mess things up that way.

I'm working on another hexagon angle weave pattern. The graph looked pretty straight forward, but after I got the written instructions done and started working the project, I found mistakes, so I'm correcting those as I go along. I hope to have that finished and ready to show by the first of next week.

2 comments:

  1. I love those pieces they are gorgeous! I can't wait to hit the flea markets this summer and see what I can take apart and put back together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy. Why wait for the flea markets? When I first started beading, I went to local thrift stores looking for things I could take apart. I wasn't sure this would be something I wanted to do long term and wasn't willing to spend a lot of money at first. I found some amazing 50's and 60's vintage jewelry with beautiful focals, high quality beads and clasps for .50 to $1.00. If you have local thrift shops that's a good place to start looking.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share